Weather plays an instrumental role when considering a roof replacement. Exterior Home Solutions understands that your home’s protection is crucial, and the condition of your roof has a lot to do with it. This article provides insights into the relationship between weather conditions and replacing your roof.
Weather Elements and Their Effects on Asphalt Shingles
- Sun and Heat: Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and high temperatures can cause asphalt shingles to age faster. They might become brittle and lose the granules that protect them from UV rays.
- Rain and Moisture: Consistent rainfall can lead to moisture seeping underneath damaged or worn-out shingles, which can then affect the underlying structures.
- Wind: High winds have the potential to lift the edges of shingles or even blow them off entirely, especially if they are nearing the end of their lifespan.
Optimal Conditions for Roof Installation
When planning a roof installation or replacement, it’s beneficial to consider the weather. Ideally, calm days with moderate temperatures and low humidity are best for this task. These conditions ensure that the shingles adhere properly and settle without issue.
When to Consider a New Roof
Understanding the implications of weather on your roof’s longevity aids in making an informed decision about when to opt for a new roof. If you notice:
- Granule loss from shingles.
- Curled or buckled shingles after a heavy storm.
- Multiple shingles missing in one area.
- Water stains or leaks in your attic.
These signs, especially when considered alongside recent severe weather events, might indicate it’s time for a roof replacement.
Protect Your Investment
Your home is an investment, and its roof plays a vital role in preserving its value and ensuring your safety. With changing weather patterns and the natural wear and tear of time, it’s essential to be proactive in assessing your roofing needs.
Schedule Your Roof Inspection Today!
Stay a step ahead of the weather. Schedule a comprehensive roof inspection with Exterior Home Solutions. Let our professionals guide you on the best course of action for your home’s roofing needs.